Can't install mods, diagnostic says everything is fine.

Poll: Was this question helpful for you?
Yes
No
Maybe
I don't know yet.
 Sheyrak

đã Post23 Tháng 7 2017 - 8:29 am
Hello,

I am new here and wanted to add some mods. So after clicking on the "Download Now" and automatically executing the file in admin mode (starts through voobly.exe) it wants to download the the mod through the client... Or something like that.

In the texbox it says: "Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics"

Well, in the game lobby I made the game diagnostic AND the network diagnostic. Everything is fine: All 3 servers can connect to me; port is forwarded (I set an already forwarded one). And all game files + registry entries are found... I just don't know what to try now. Restarted 2 times.

Even tried 2 different mods to be sure. (Pro mod & Enhanced blood)

Thank you for reading and hopefully helping!
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

đã Post23 Tháng 7 2017 - 10:18 am
Hi,

Could you post the outcome of the game diagnostics in here?
 Sheyrak

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 7 2017 - 10:27 am bởiSheyrak
Well, sure... It's in german though.
Code:
Non-DirectPlay Spiel-Pfad ist 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II' Überprüfe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' existstiert... Erfolgreich! Überprüfe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' existstiert... Erfolgreich! Voobly-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Spiel-Version ist '1.0C' Überprüfe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' existstiert... Erfolgreich! Überprüfe DirectPlay Libraries... Suche nach dpwsockx.dll... Suche nach dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes DirectPlay Init Erfolgreich! Scanne installierte DirectPlay Spiele... Age of Empires II Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Gangsters Spiel wurde in DirectPlay Registry geunden! DirectPlay deutet auf diesen Installationspfad hin 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II' DirectPlay Command-Line ist 'Lobby' DirectPlay deutet auf diese Spiel-exe hin 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Überprüfe Datei existstiert... Erfolgreich! DirectPlay deutet darauf diese Language dll hin 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' Überprüfe Datei existstiert... Erfolgreich! Scanne 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Erfolgreich! Alles in Ordnung! DirectPlay ist konfiguriert und das Spiel wurde auf deiner Festplatte gefunden. Falls noch Probleme bestehen sollten, starte bitte die Lobby neu oder reboote deinen PC.

"Erfolgreich" = successful
"Alles in Ordnung!" = Everything's allright!

And for network diagnostic:
Code:
Starting networking diagnostics... Your local network port (UDP) is [I CENSORED THE PORT FOR SECURITY REASONS]. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal". Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete... Received data from 'server 1' through port [I CENSORED THE PORT FOR SECURITY REASONS] (this is your WAN or router port) Received data from 'server 2' through port [I CENSORED THE PORT FOR SECURITY REASONS] (this is your WAN or router port) Received data from 'server 3' through port [I CENSORED THE PORT FOR SECURITY REASONS] (this is your WAN or router port) 14 seconds left. 9 seconds left. 4 seconds left. Test Result: All Pass Network Health: All tests passed Recommended Action: None Details: All tests passed. For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

đã Post23 Tháng 7 2017 - 1:06 pm
Are you able to launch the game from within Voobly?

If the game is working fine and you are just not able to download the mods, it could be a permission issue. After all when you download a mod, you are just extracting a zipped file to a specific directory (the mods folder in your game directory).

After having checked that the game is working fine, try downloading a couple of visual mods and see if you can replicate the issue. If the problem persists, then extract the attached file to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Voobly Mods\AOC\Local Mods

(make sure you extract the contents to this exact same folder)

When done, host a game in Voobly and check if the no snow mod is now available. You can check this from the 'Mods' menu in your game room.

If you are able to see the mod, then you can be certain that you have a permission issue writing (extracting the mod you are trying to download) to your game directory (possibly a firewall issue).

Hope this helps.
Attachments:
No Snow.zip (file size: 920.66 KB)
 Sheyrak

đã Post24 Tháng 7 2017 - 6:39 am
Hey,

it works if I manually copy the NoSnow mod in the directory. Also I can start the game with voobly just fine.

There is no "user" which doesn't have sufficient rights to write in that directory and I have to give admin rights right after clicking "Download Now" -> "Open Link...(voobly.exe)".

There is no way for me to give more permissions in that directory. Is it possible to get the Mod-datas manually? So I can simply copy them in the the directory?
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

đã Post24 Tháng 7 2017 - 10:14 am
The purpose of giving you the mod extract was to check if it works fine otherwise. There are a few reasons why what you are asking for (an extract for all mods) is a bad practice:

1. Most mods are periodically updated and when a new version is available, the client will auto download the new one. This means that you will have the same problem every time this happens.

2. Some mods may be more complex and may require multiple directories to be changed especially data mods.

What you should be focusing instead is to be able to fix the permission problem.

Try the following:

1. Make sure you add Voobly and AOC to your firewall, antivirus and anti-malware programs (if any).
2. Right click on Voobly exe, move to properties and make sure 'Run as administrator' is checked for all users

If the above does not work, try to extract a zip file into your game directory and see if you are getting any permission error. If you do, you could fix the permission error by altering the folder permissions to allow write access for the user you are logged in to windows.

If none of the above works, hit the help room and we will take a closer look at it.
 ____Kofahi____

đã Post24 Tháng 7 2017 - 10:35 am
Hi
I found the problem can I help him @sunny@voobly?
 ____Kofahi____

đã Post24 Tháng 7 2017 - 10:46 am
Done ! :)
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

đã Post24 Tháng 7 2017 - 10:48 am
Issue resolved. Thread closed.

[1]
Hiển thị 1 - 9 ngoài 9 Bài viết