Smurfs should be banned?

Poll: Should smurf account be banned?
1. Yes
2. No
 mrmatroospro

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 2:08 pm
Hello,

Why do way stronger players feel the need to smurfs other players.
I like aoc but its simply ruining my fun in the game.
I honestly dont care if oyu are 18x and you play vs me but show your real ELO ffs.
And what i said earlier ruining the fun for weak players. Who are really trying to improve.
But simply are quitting aoc because they keep being smurfed.....
So my question is should smurfs be banned not the orginal nickname but the fake accounts?
So if you want to smurf go f yourself. Thanks for your understanding.
I had enough of stupid smurfs.....
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 zahin

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 3:15 pm
you my boy should know its politics.;)
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 3:50 pm
No you know why? All my family members play on same network, how are you going to identify if IP address, mac and machine played with is same?
 +kwin

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 3:51 pm
Hi,

It’s a very good question, but the answer is not so easy as yes or no in my opinion.

Mr X can have for example real rate 1800 on BF map, but if he plays Arabia map, maybe his real rate is only 1600.
If Mr X play many Arabia games, his rate will be around 1600, if he go play BF map with this rate, then he is smurfing at that moment, but he should not be banned…

If Mr X likes to smurf, and he manipulate his rate, then he should be banned, Account ban + X weeks Voobly ban.
There are many players who resign at the end of the game while they won the game, there are also many accounts with more than 1 player playing on it, both are not allowed, but the punishment if they catch you is not big enough.

There is no need to give someone a warning because he manipulate his rating, a warning is not a punishment like it is now.
Even account ban is not a big punishment in most cases, because they just make a new account and keep on doing the same things…
(They are known and don’t have the zero gamer problem).

Solution in my opinion:
If someone is manipulating his rate in “enough” games, give a warning like 3 days Voobly ban the first time, second time 3 weeks Voobly ban, 3the time 3 months Voobly ban.

Don’t ban accounts as punishment for rating manipulation, ban the access to Voobly so they can’t play anymore for a period of time, would be much better imo…
 sugardady_

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 5:07 pm
Yes it must , Specially with the new rating ladder , some 2k come up with 16xx account and by any hook he own us and we are 2k as well he get 50 points and we lose 40 points lame AF!
 [NHN]AnotherGalaxys

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 5:27 pm
Yes. Time to ban smurfs.
 mrmatroospro

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 5:47 pm
I like both arguments. And banning is maby a to direct but approach. Its a difficult call :)
Note is was little bit frustation coming out :D. For me it doenst matter as long players still enjoy playing it. But that the point players are tired of being smurfed :( and they are ruining the gameplay for others :(
 AMalik

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 9:43 pm
When you will learn game and stop blaming others?
 [ByT]Poxo

Đã được sửa16 Tháng 8 2017 - 10:55 pm bởi[ByT]Poxo
Smurfing is a way to play relaxed and train different things.

At the same time to train for tourneys when you don't want your opponets to know.
 +kwin

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 11:34 pm
[ByT]Poxo wrote:
Smurfing is a way to play relaxed and train different things.

At the same time to train for tourneys when you don't want your opponets to know.

I did hear similar things before in topics about NPL lol ^^

If you don't break rules, then nobody can do something about it, but if you go against Voobly's own rules, it's totally wrong and they don't punish it enough...
Why play rated if you manipulate your rate?
Why so many rooms you need 100-200-300 games played or you're booted?

There are other ways to play relaxed, there are also other ways to train different things...
 dream_of_barely

đã Post16 Tháng 8 2017 - 11:49 pm
Smurfettes should be targetted for termination
 Driven

đã Post17 Tháng 8 2017 - 3:26 am
What about people who have lower rated friends and want to play with them? I'm totally against noob-bashing, but I do have friends that are higher/lower than me. My higher friends might smurf and fool around in my games, while I might smurf and fool around in the lower rated games. There's a big difference between smurfing to try-hard and smurfing/playing badly just so you can be with your friends.
 +kwin

đã Post17 Tháng 8 2017 - 5:35 am
Driven wrote:
What about people who have lower rated friends and want to play with them? I'm totally against noob-bashing, but I do have friends that are higher/lower than me. My higher friends might smurf and fool around in my games, while I might smurf and fool around in the lower rated games. There's a big difference between smurfing to try-hard and smurfing/playing badly just so you can be with your friends.

It’s not always a problem if high rated players play together with low rated players, you can split the high and the low rated players, so the total team is kinda equal skilled…

But, if a 1500 rated player seems to be a 1700 rated player in skills, then you can’t do that.

If a real 2k player plays with lower skilled / rated players is also no problem, you know this before the game starts, if you don’t like it, go to another room, no problem, it’s only a problem when players have fake rate (much higher or much lower than real rate).

But anyway, it will never be perfect, many 1700-1800 BF players are 1500 Arabia players, if you play many games where host split the players to become equal skilled teams, this will also result in “manipulate” the real rating, but I don’t see this as a very big problem because there was no intention to cheat.

I just have a big problem with players who really manipulate rating by resigning (usually at the end) while they won game, switching accounts, stuff like that… This is really CHEATING, and happen extremely much in the 1500-1700 range, it happens so much because there is no real punishment for this, and again, account ban seems to be not a punishment.
There aren’t many players who made more reports about this then me, but it takes so much time to make a good report, and it takes also much time for the moderators who have to decide about it, and it helps nothing at all like it is now…

And, when you make a report of this, you have 95% chance you find new cheaters while making the report, so it is a never ending story like it is now, and it’s very frustrating for me to keep on doing this if there is no result…
 Max_Euwe

đã Post17 Tháng 8 2017 - 7:55 am
As said, smurf accounts are used to train new things and keep the real account unknown. If there are guys that think they want to improve, so benefit by the masked rating of a smurf, learn by the recorded game and stop blame'em. Just enjoy the game how it is and let the pros play with us :P
 zahin

đã Post17 Tháng 8 2017 - 8:35 am
isnt its polictics?;byecry

[1]234
Hiển thị 1 - 15 ngoài 60 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách