Massive lag for 2v2 3v3 4v4 games

fighter4life

đã Post5 Tháng 10 2017 - 12:22 am
I have been regularly playing team games on voobly for more than 2 years. Suddenly this year I have started to experience massive lags to the point that everything is frozen at start and nothing moves. In 1v1 there is slight lag for first 2 or 3 minutes but then it gets fine. I have done a complete clean installation but to no avail. I own the HD version from steam with all the expansion up to Rise of the Rajas.

The game runs very smoothly in offline mode with 4v4, so there is no hardware issue. I have also done the port forwarding and checked for open ports and its all green. Network diagnostics from voobly says all is fine. Please help!
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 [CSC]Bieber

đã Post5 Tháng 10 2017 - 2:57 am
Hello, fighter4life, Make sure you're game settings are exactly like this [You must login to view link]

Also It will always run smoothly in offline mode as it is "offline" .

Let me know if this helps, ;flowers .
 fighter4life

đã Post6 Tháng 10 2017 - 10:20 pm
Hi Troy, thanks for your reply. And yes my setting are exactly like that.
The reason I mentioned about the offline mode was to make it known that the issue does not arise from hardware as the computer can easily handle the game :)

What next to do? :(
 kitt

đã Post6 Tháng 10 2017 - 11:59 pm
hi
perhaps some basics and then see.
check your pc firewall allows voobly/game through and you only have one firewall operational. if you have anti-virus, run a full system scan and see if anything turns up. then, as a test, uninstall it. reboot the pc and try.

fighter4life

đã Post7 Tháng 10 2017 - 9:11 pm
Hi kitt. Yes i have done that too. Tweaked the firewall settings to allow both voobly and AoEHD through. And I do not have any antivirus software installed.
 fighter4life

đã Post7 Tháng 10 2017 - 9:13 pm
Idk if this could be of help but I can spectate 4v4 games live smoothly. No issue with that whatsoever. Just when I play...
 XZIKX

đã Post7 Tháng 10 2017 - 9:58 pm
Ive been having the same issue for a long time, probably tried every fix you can think of, I play on steam no lag at all just on voobly so I'm assuming its to do with direct play or something like that
 XZIKX

đã Post8 Tháng 10 2017 - 11:07 pm
Ports
UDP 17600 to 17900 inclusive (Voobly game lobby traffic)
TCP 17600 to 17603 inclusive (Voobly instant messenger)

These new rules should be in outbound rules On your firewall. I did it seemed to work. Also on defender allow voobly and aoc
 kitt

đã Post8 Tháng 10 2017 - 11:37 pm
hi
if you have a pc firewall you dont need defender.
 fighter4life

đã Post10 Tháng 10 2017 - 7:26 pm
Hi XZIKX, really appreciate your reply. I did try what you asked me to but it still did not ix the lag issue. Just to make it clear- I have added the rules to the firewall outbound rules. I do not have defender so I did not have to bother with the last step. Do I also need to adjust voobly NAT traversal and the port forwarding in my network firewall settings? Currently I have it at 19000 UDP.
Thanks again for your reply!
 XZIKX

Đã được sửa11 Tháng 10 2017 - 8:41 am bởiXZIKX
Hi, I found the strangest fix that stopped the lag. It had nothing to do with firewall it was my sound card driver.... on device manager go to sound, video and game controllers you probably have 2 there, mine is
1. Intel (R) Display Audio
2.Realtek Audio

disable no 1 no restart required and u will have sound, try disabeling 2 and u will lose sound and need to restart pc, I did that the lag stopped. So you disable option one only and leave option 2 alone

Ive had this issue for months and tried everything you can think of. Do you get a few seconds delay in voobly lobby when u type sounds (ie 1=yes 2=no etc) I had that. A lot of pc's that were upgraded to windows 10 have driver issues. Focus on your sound drivers first, if it fixes let me know
 fighter4life

đã Post11 Tháng 10 2017 - 9:58 pm
Hi, thanks again for your reply.
So I tried disabling the sound drivers, reinstalling, updating and all that I could but still no difference :( I actually had 4 sound drivers, 2 were for bluetooth headphones I have. I tried to uninstall them but it keeps coming back after i restart.
This is so annoying, in the game room when they want to save and exit (all because of me!) the pings are all green and even below 200. I can't understand this lag...
 kitt

đã Post11 Tháng 10 2017 - 11:41 pm
hi
Quote:
Currently I have it at 19000 UDP
the default is 16000udp. what is your portforwarding set at? have you set the same in "settings" at the top of a lobby? [you may have answered before, to lazy to read thro' all the posts]
 XZIKX

đã Post12 Tháng 10 2017 - 7:37 am
Yeah I know fighter, my lag came back as well. When I disabeled it the lag went away for a while and then came back. Was your pc originally windows 10 or did it get upgraded by windows update? Mine got upgraded and im assuming this is why there are these driver conflicts and voobly. Lets keep our fingers crossed voobly finds us a patch for this issue. Im so fed up im buying a second hand windows 7 pc, ill let you know how it goes. So many different fixes for windows 10 lag leaves a person even more confused. It plays other games fine but here it developes a mind of its own
 fighter4life

đã Post13 Tháng 10 2017 - 5:21 pm
kitt: Yes the default is 16000 but I changed it to 19000 both in game lobby as well as the port forwarding. I dont remember what issue I got earlier which made me do so, but I was advised by Chris from voobly to set it at some high UDP value.

XZIKX: Oh man that sucks. I do hope they find a fix for it soon. And yea my pc was upgraded to 10 when I bought it. So while i never used Win 7 on it, the first time logging in it downloaded and installed win 10 for me so I am sure there is some driver conflict issue.
What I do not get is, I played this game on the same pc for more than 2 years, and more than 1000 4v4 games and all of a sudden this issue develops. I am tempted to reinstall windows but then I am too lazy to go though the pain of installing all the apps and programs.

[1]2
Hiển thị 1 - 15 ngoài 24 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách