Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Frequent drops 100...1 of Voobly client and AoC games

Frequent drops 100...1 of Voobly client and AoC games

lord_schulz

đã Post5 Tháng 3 2018 - 9:55 am
Hello guys, I have the following problem:

- started using Voobly to play AoC a couple of days ago
- started with watching games, that worked fine, although I did get disconnects from the Voobly client/messenger in some 15 to 45 minute intervals
- tried playing a couple of games, same thing happend and I got disconnected from the games aswell (always shortly after/simultaneously with the voobly disconnect).

Now I already tried a couple of things to solve this, with no effect so far:

- complete re-install of the voobly client, steam HD AoE and the different patches through the voobly client
- made sure the correct port (16000 UDP) is opened on my router
- made sure internet connection is stable (I am connected via WLAN, but I also frequently play other online games w/o problems). Used WinMTR and the connection was stable, package loss of well below 1%

So my question obviously is: How can I fix this? If you need additional information pls ask away...

Thanks in advance already!
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 kitt

đã Post5 Tháng 3 2018 - 1:41 pm
hi
use the free port checker here to see if the port is open: [You must login to view link]
check you only have one pc firewall and allow the game/voobly through.
make sure the private ip you forwarded to port 16000udp has not changed.
try a hardwire connnection to your router, if you can.
see if any router logs show restarts.
 lord_schulz

Đã được sửa5 Tháng 3 2018 - 3:08 pm bởilord_schulz
The port check says the Port is open (also my router uses MAC-adresses instead of IP for port rules, so changing IP would have no effect).

Firewall exception is in place, I even disabled the FW completely and the error still happened.

Both WLAN and modem parts of the router show nothing unusual, just the typical 24h IP reset.

I will try to get a long cable and see if that makes a difference. Is there anything else I can try in the meantime?

EDIT: Tested it with a cable instead of WLAN. No difference. I managed to get to roughly 30 min ingame time and then the game stops, messenger and lobby give me the connection error and I am out of the game and cannot reconnect.

kitt

đã Post5 Tháng 3 2018 - 11:07 pm
hi
ok
any result from the router logs?
do msconfig from a command window and see what starts at boot. do you have an installed anti-virus?
when in a game room and the host starts/launches, try resuming the lobby and then return to the game.
 lord_schulz

đã Post7 Tháng 3 2018 - 7:25 pm
Update:

I have a dual boot system (Ubuntu 17.10 and Win7) and I now managed to get Voobly running on Ubuntu via Wine. Now guess what: the same problem appears; I get a disconnect from the voobly-messenger or lobby after some time. Therefore I don't think it is anything related to anything Win7.

I also tried using resume lobby after joining a multiplayer game, sadly to no effect.

My ISP is O2 and I am also using their hardware. Are there any known problems with O2? Funny enough other online games seem to work fine (i.e. DotA 2, CS:GO, ...).

Sadly their hardware has only very limited configuration and no real log...

I would be grateful for any further suggestions or ideas!
 kitt

đã Post7 Tháng 3 2018 - 11:33 pm
hi
no issue with 02 i know of. this game is peer to peer so any "blink" from the router and you drop. i think their routers use technicolour software. you can check the model number and see if a tutorial is here: [You must login to view link]
although its open[port] there may be something else needs doing on that router.
 imDRAWN

đã Post14 Tháng 3 2018 - 5:49 pm
Fun Fact: I have the exact same problem and I also use O2.
Somethings going on here. Also tired all the above mentioned things to fix it without any succes.
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

đã Post16 Tháng 3 2018 - 7:35 am
imDRAWN wrote:
Fun Fact: I have the exact same problem and I also use O2.
Somethings going on here. Also tired all the above mentioned things to fix it without any succes.

This is more likely a problem with your ISP (loosing data packets) or possibly a faulty router. You should inspect the problem closely by running a ping test. Keep a ping window constantly running while you are in game and check for packet losses at the exact instance you drop.
 imDRAWN

đã Post17 Tháng 3 2018 - 7:37 pm
In my opinion it is more likely a problem with your Client/Servers you are using. I never had any problems with any sort of gaming. O2 might not be the best ISP, but they never caused me any sort of trouble.

I have been reading almost every answer related to this disconecting topic from you Sunny. I understand that you are trying to help, but you also like to blame big IPS´s used by millions of people rather than working it out with your small programm used by maybe 5k players. I would love to play on voobly and I am willing to work this out with you if youd have the time.
 imDRAWN

đã Post18 Tháng 3 2018 - 1:55 am
ganz normaler festnetz aanschluss
 [MPU]Dettol

đã Post18 Tháng 3 2018 - 3:03 pm
i have a router that gives "port open" when i run port checker yet i see a lot of fps and get disconnected a lot , soo after i changed my router with better one all my problems got solved
 imDRAWN

đã Post18 Tháng 3 2018 - 6:28 pm
Gute Idee mit dem Firmware Update Chris. Handelt sich um eine o2 HomeBox 6441. Hängt direkt an der Telefondose und dann natürlich direkte LAN Verbindung zum Computer. Hab mich schon paar mal neu eingewählt auf Verdacht eines DNS Problems.

[1]
Hiển thị 1 - 12 ngoài 12 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách