aoe2 running like old version

EvilRabbit

Đã được sửa18 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:29 pm bởikitt
Hello! New to Voobly, so could be dumb question.

I HAVE been able to run aoe2 through voobly and play a game. Trouble is, it's running the very old version of aoe2 - terribly low resolution and such. I've been playing on aoe2hd, and pretty sure I've pointed Voobly to the correct directory (it isn't happy when I rename the steam folder).

tldr; My game looks like this:
[You must login to view link]
instead of this:
[You must login to view link]

Any ideas? What stupid thing have I done wrong?
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 kitt

Đã được sửa18 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:33 pm bởikitt
hi
if you have the steam version follow this tutorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.
the 1st pic looks as if you have no mods installed and have not clicked the buttons by the mini map to bring up villager count, other players etc.
2nd shot looks more like a spectator view.
 EvilRabbit

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 9:31 am
Thanks Kitt.

I've just tried that. Same result.

I'm thinking either the game is actually meant to be super zoomed in, or I'm just not explaining my situation properly.

The game runs fine, and I can tinker with mods, vill count, etc... Those two pictures were also not from my game - just trying to give an idea. I've tried to attach 2 actual screenshots this time, though the colours in the Voobly image came out all funny.

Note the difference in size of the town centre in the images. In HD, the TC takes up a tiny proportion of my screen and I can see a lot. In the second (distorted) image from Voobly you can make out the TC taking up the majority of the screen. It's terrible resolution. Is it meant to be like that?
Attachments:
Aoe2HD.png (file size: 2.15 MB)
Voobly.png (file size: 88.17 KB)

kitt

Đã được sửa19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:18 pm bởikitt
hi
the game resolution is adjustable and can be run at the same as your desk top. see in the game room or from options on the start screen of aoc.
some have found these setings helpful: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png
 EvilRabbit

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:32 pm
Hi Kitt.

I have all of those options set. Which 'start screen of aoc' are you referring to? When I boot up the game, it takes me straight to the screen shown. Where can I adjust the resolution?
Attachments:
adjust resolution.jpg (file size: 48.61 KB)

hassan

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:37 pm
Hi EvilRabbit.

You can create a room in Voobly. Go to above-left, click Game -> Start at Single Player Menu.

Then launch the game via Voobly. It will open you the Single player mode.

Go to Options, then you can select your max resolution. Once done. Close proprely the game.

Go again to the room, Game -> untick the "Start at Single Player Menu"

Then test :)
 EvilRabbit

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:38 pm
Actually, it seems I now have this. The game is running in a corner of the screen, as shown. I can't get it to maximise.
Attachments:
voobly resolution.png (file size: 314.24 KB)

hassan

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:39 pm
EvilRabbit wrote:
Actually, it seems I now have this. The game is running in a corner of the screen, as shown. I can't get it to maximise.

It's okay. Once you run the game, it will set it as full screen mode.
hassan wrote:
Hi EvilRabbit.

You can create a room in Voobly. Go to above-left, click Game -> Start at Single Player Menu.

Then launch the game via Voobly. It will open you the Single player mode.

Go to Options, then you can select your max resolution. Once done. Close proprely the game.

Go again to the room, Game -> untick the "Start at Single Player Menu"

Then test :)

Follow this in case of your native desktop resolution isn't detected.
 EvilRabbit

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:45 pm
All fixed now, thanks VTech_Hassan!
I was missing the step of changing it to single player mode to get into options, and adjusting the resolution.

Much appreciated guys!
 hassan

đã Post19 Tháng 11 2018 - 12:55 pm
Thank Kitt, I only helped at the middle :)

Glad it's solved. :) If you need any further help, you can join our 24h/7d live help room chat there :
https://www.voobly.com/games/lobby/77

Or don't hesitate to create a new thread in the forum.

Thread closed.

[1]
Hiển thị 1 - 10 ngoài 10 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách

What's popular right now: